Saturday, January 24, 2015

Some sewing!

I've joined the Shabby Fabrics Christmas Keepsake Block of the month and received the January block a few days ago.  I did the lazer cut option, which makes it ridiculous easy, but I do want to be able to put this quilt out right before Thanksgiving as I start to decorate for Christmas 2015, so easy is fine with me! The last mailing is in October, but I am determined to have this completed on time.
The finished quilt is  36" by 36" and can be seen on their website.  It's really cute.

The first block is done.  The ribbon embellishment on the top of the ornament is added when you are completely done, and doing the finishing touches, so later this year.  I used Floriani threads and did just a blanket stitch around the pieces and voila!

Another finished item:  for a swap on Ravelry, I made a valentines theme fabric sock project bag with some heart shaped stitch markers.  No pattern, but a tutorial that can be found here.Notes from Terry Ann.  It went together beautifully and I plan on making more, for gifts and for me.  
I love the little side pocket!  it's big enough for a tape measure, probably a set of double points and your stitch markers.  The fabric is All My Heart by Josie Celio and Sally Griswold of Iron Orchid Designs/ Clothworks.  Appropriate for Valentines day but not too cutesy.  I purchased it at Red Rooster Quilts

No comments: