Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Sewing Storm.

My youngest son was married at the beginning of October and I've been busy helping and sewing for that event. I made two flowergirl dresses: Pink Imperial Batiste, a round yoke style with english smocking below the yoke, as well as a Tiffany blue dress for the youngest granddaughter.

Once those were done, I hit the sewing room to start working on my wardrobe for an upcoming trip to Ireland.  Marcy Tilton has a new top pattern out, and I got it just in time.  It's a wonderful pattern, fits perfectly, and goes together well.   Vogue 9057.
This is a sweater knit that I actually bought at Joanne Fabrics, a place I usually avoid, as their customer service, their lines and the sense of hopelessness when you see the cutting counter, turns the trip into something that is less enjoyable than perhaps getting the flu, or worse. However, I did like the fabric.  It is a sweater knit, with a black/charcoal mesh between the large dots of grey wool knit.  
Two more of the same pattern, The solid black tank fits under the other tops, for a layer of warmth if needed. It is also a black sweater knit, but very fine and lightweight.  The solid green is a cotton jersey knit.  Not too much to say, but will go with the items that I have knitted for the trip well.   The one below is an lightweight jersey knit, bought online.  I wasn't sure about the print, but it does go with the whole travel wardrobe, so we will see.  I like it better than I thought I would 

I would highly recommend this pattern, there is also included a standard t-shirt as well as the tunic styles and I will be making that also.  

No comments: