Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial day weekend so far!

Yesterday I spent a wonderful few hours at Clines Plant Farm- The Mustard Seed Retreat taking a Succulent wreath class.  Clines is out in the country, so the setting for the class is beautiful, and so relaxing. We sat outdoors, birds chirping and  a couple of 4 week old kittens jumping out of their bed to explore.  One in particular was determined to go find her mom on her own and kept meowing loudly until the mommy cat appeared to take a rest with the kittens and feed them.

The making of the wreath was really enjoyable, very easy and I would highly recommend her classes if you live in the Columbus Ohio area.

Close up of side
The wreath will sit flat for two weeks to allow everything to take root and then I can hang it up in the garden, probably on the brick fence.  Clines also has all sort of neat items to repurpose and I did. My son has an internship at Scotts in Chemical engineering this summer, so when I saw a vintage Scotts spreader, I bought it.  I cut a piece of shelving down to fit inside the spreader, and bought some petunia's at Lowes and voila!
Next I plan on filling in around the planter with some pebbles and potted plants but this is so far.  

No comments: