Sunday, February 3, 2013

A few things done.

A couple of things for January. First, I've been working out with a personal trainer, at LifeTime Fitness in Dublin, and have been going three- four times a week, including those workouts and while I'm sore, I'm enjoying it, it is really exhilarating (once you get there and get started!).

Two things sewn in the last month. First a very easy long cowl, from some mauve burned out velvet bought at Santa Fe Fabrics last June.  An incredible fabric store, why doesn't Columbus have more fabric stores?  But anyway, I'm pleased, as this stayed in my sewing studio less than a year and it is sewn up.

 
A few years ago, I took a gift bag class at Joann's with a good friend. I loved the camaraderie  but the class was sadly lacking.  No handouts what so ever, or instructions were given, we had a huge list of things to buy, and then didn't know what to do with them. During the class, we were interrupted a few times by customers, who wandered into the classroom as they couldn't find anyone on the floor to help. This would have been slightly acceptable, if the instructor had told them that this was a class, she was teaching and did not work for the store, and then closed the door. However, she immediately went out of the room to help though, though she didn't work for Joann's either, she was teaching the class.  Granted, I've helped people at that store, because they can't find adequate help there, but seriously, she was supposed to be teaching our class. So we left with lots of fabric, and not sure what the instructions etc are. Now, I can figure most things out myself, but if you are paying for a class, I expect a class.



Anyway, this weekend, I was thoroughly sick of the pile of fleece from that class, and it just brought back the irritation i felt. So I finished one up, not sure if looks like the class sample, which she didn't bring into class, they stayed out on the floor, in hopes of snagging more people perhaps? but here is the first one. A gift bag for Christmas 2013! 

There is a snowflake designed cut into the fleece with a white fleece behind it.

No comments: